Primary: Skills – Basic networking concepts, CCNA, NOC Monitoring, Ticketing Tools
Level one support Network Operations centra responsibilities
• Monitoring of alerts
• Responding to incidents converted by alerts and respond to known issue guidelines
• For any repetitive incident raising problem ticket, conducting root cause analysis.
• Maintaining records of problem tickets and its solutions in the knowledge database.
• Miniating Change management process
• Coordinating with vendors if it is vendor issue
• At least 1-2 years of hands-on IT experience supporting and resolving Juniper/ Cisco switches, routers.
- Client VPN troubleshooting experience.
• Experience working with monitoring tools and ticketing tools;
- Should be willing to work 24/7 shifts.
- Internet Protocols: TCP/UDP/IPv4/IPv6
• Networking: Really strong Layer2 switching (Mac tables, vlans, STP, etc.) and L3 protocols (routing concepts, ARP, HSRP, NAT, VRFs etc.), routing.
• -Work to resolve standard Operational break fix and non-complex incidents
• -Create Standard Documentation, Checklists and follow SOP per ITIL Best practices
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor infrastructure remotely.
• Ensure that the assigned infrastructure at the client is configured, installed, tested and operational.
• Investigate first line support calls assigned and identify the root cause of incidents and problems.
• Ensure the efficient and comprehensive resolution of incidents and requests.
• Report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary.
• Perform the necessary hand over procedures in cases where shift work is required.
• Produce breach and other reports to identify failures and short-comings.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Positive and flexible attitude
• Ability to think clearly, identify risks, anticipate eventualities and resolve problems
• Ability to understand and comply with business processes and procedures
• Should be able to work in 24x7 environment
• ITIL Certification preferred
• Ability to understand and comply with methods, standards, guidelines, tools, techniques and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Good Understanding of basic computer hardware concepts and terminologies. Experience in supporting end-user hardware equipment's like Desktop, laptops, Printers and scanners. Experience in supporting Windows operating system and Client software like MS Office, VPN etc. Good knowledge on networking concepts and basic troubleshooting. Basic Linux systems administration skills. Strong troubleshooting skills of IT systems Good written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating in person and via phone/e-mail with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
Must have CCNP R&S/ CCNP Wireless valid certficate.
Willing to trvel As per project requirement.
Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
Dependable and flexible when necessary.
Network security experience.
LAN and WAN experience.